- 4th March - Kate and Chris will be presenting the inaugural Kate Granger Awards for Compassionate Care at the Health and Care Innovation Expo 2014 in Manchester
- 9-11th April - "#hellomynameis: Harnessing the power of social media to influence healthcare professional behaviour" poster at the International Forum on Quality and Safety in Healthcare, Paris
- 25th April - British Geriatrics Society Spring Meeting Manchester University "Social Media: What's in it for healthcare professionals?"
- 28th April - Keynote speaker at the Patient Experience Insight conference, London
- 12th May - Annual Dying Matters lecture. You Only Die Once: Kate's story. London
- 12th June- Speaking about “#hellomynameis: The Patient Perspective” at the 'Implementing the Named Responsible Doctor and Nurse in Hospital meeting' ICO conference centre, London
- 31st January Yorkshire Ambulance Service Dignity in Action day
- 13th February - Bright Side Big Bake cake stall at Bexley Wing, SJUH from 10am
- 14th February - Opening the Granger Suite at Watford General Hospital
- 7th November 2013 - Speaking to Chester Medical Society "The Liverpool Care Pathway: What Next?'
- 6th November 2013 - Speaking to Leeds Medico-legal Society "The future following the demise of the Liverpool Care Pathway"
- 25th October 2013 - Watford General Hospital Grand Round "#hellomynameis: My story"
- 18th October 2013 - Yorkshire Ambulance Service best practice day "#hellomynameis" at York Racecourse
- 25th July 2013 - The Bright Side Big Bake Summer 'Strawberries and Cream' stall, from 10am - Bexley Wing Atrium, St. James Hospital, Leeds
- 11th July 2013 - GPST Conference - facilitating a workshop 'The Liverpool Care Pathway: Why the controversy?' - Wortley Hall, Sheffield
- 7th July 2013 - 'Bring on the Wall' - A fundraising lunch at Kashmiri Aroma, Wakefield to support the Yorkshire Cancer Centre and the ASDA trek China team
- 6th April 2013 - Association of Surgeons in Training Annual Conference, "Cancer, Surgery and the LCP: My Story", Manchester Central Convention Complex
- 9th April 2013 - RCN Regional branch meeting, "The Other Side and the 6Cs", Huddersfield
- 23rd May 2013 - Annual Jersey Personal Injury Medico-legal Society and Jersey Medical Society Lecture, "The Liverpool Care Pathway including a debate on the issues surrounding the end of life", Peter Crill House, St Helier
28th March 2013 - "The Bright Side Easter Big Bake". St. James Hospital, Leeds
Thank you to everyone who contributed to a fantastic day. We raised a massive £959.30 and with a very generous donate from Kay's Dad made it up to our £1000 target. The Big Bake team will be back with more tasty treats in the Summer.
- 27th March 2013 - British Geriatrics Society Regional Meeting "The media debate about end of life care", Briar Court Hotel, Huddersfield
- 12th February 2013 - Medical Unit Meeting, "Media and myths about end of life care", Pinderfields Hospital Postgraduate Education Centre
- 14th January 2013 - "The patient experience of Oncology" to the Leeds Medical School Oncology Society
20th December 2012 - "Bring on The Bright Side Christmas Big Bake". 11am, Bexley Wing Atrium, St. James Hospital, Leeds.
Huge thanks to everyone who contributed to The Bright Side Big Christmas Bake especially Kay and Claire. We raised a massive £517.52 and are already planning our next stall around Easter time...
- 14th November 2012 - 'Good Life, Good Death, Good Grief' event at Edinburgh Zoo - slides - PDF - Openoffice - Powerpoint
- 1st November 'Planning end of life care - a personal and professional perspective' at the 'Dying Matters' conference, London - slides - PDF - Openoffice - Powerpoint
25th October 2012 - 'The Bright Side Big Bake' A cake stall and book signing session at Bexley Wing, St James's Hospital with the kind assistance of the lovely Kay Birmingham and Claire Hallas
Thanks to everyone for their generous support. We raised a massive £673.01
24th October 2012 - Pinderfields Postgraduate library book signing session
A big thank you to everyone who attended the signing. We made £266
16th September 2012 - 12.30 - 3.30 - 'Bring on The Bright Side' - a fundraising book launch for Kate's sequel at Kashmiri Aroma, Wakefield
Thanks to all those who attended 'Bring on The Bright Side' - the official launch party for The Bright Side kindly hosted by Kashmiri Aroma in Wakefield. It was a fantastic fun-filled afternoon and we raised nearly £5000
- 14th September 2012 - speaking at 'Patient and Family Experience' on 'A perspective from both sides of the fence' at Pinderfields Medical Education Centre - slides - PDF - Openoffice - Powerpoint.
- 12th July 2012 - Facilitating workshop - 'Looking after medically qualified patients' at the GP ST Conference, Wortley Hall Hotel, Sheffield - slides - PDF - Openoffice - Powerpoint. Feedback - PDF - Openoffice - Word
- 6th June 2012 - 'Let's talk about dying'. A talk for the Leeds Humanist Society in conjunction with Leeds Medical School. 6.45-8.45pm, Room B08, Parkinson Building, Leeds University - slides - PDF - Openoffice - Powerpoint
- 18th May 2012 - Workshop - "Dread looking after Doctors", at Leeds Medical School in conjunction with the Professional Development Team - slides - PDF - Openoffice - Powerpoint